Disclosure: Contains affiliate links. However, all opinions expressed are mine.
Cell phones are expensive, so it’s nice when you can use them to earn FREE money and gift cards. I’ve tried several apps over the years and these are all the ones that are currently on my phone and use regularly. There are so many apps out there that’s it hard to know which ones are legit and really pay. Every app listed here has paid me cash or rewards or saved me a ton of money. I’ve used some of these apps since I first got a smart phone years ago!
CASH BACK GROCERY SHOPPING & RECEIPT SCAN APPS
1. CHECKOUT 51 – Earn cash back when you purchase select items at any grocery store. There is a healthy offer every week, so I always make some extra money with this app. Offers reset every week on Thursday. They will mail you a check when your account balance reaches $20.
2. IBOTTA – This is a cash back shopping app, that includes many grocery stores, retail stores and even online stores. Basically, unlock the offer, purchase the item at the store specified and scan the product bar code and receipt into the app to get the cash back. You can cash out at just $10 and the savings add up fast when you include all the easy bonuses. Make sure you link this app to Facebook to reap the added benefits of team bonuses (you can also join my team.)
3. RECEIPT HOG – Earn Paypal cash or Amazon credit for scanning your grocery and retail receipts from your phone! You can submit 20 grocery and 20 retail receipts every week and that adds up fast! Cash out at just $5 for Paypal or an Amazon gift card!
4. SAVING STAR – Clip digital e-coupons and earn cash back when you buy those items at specific stores. Plus, they have a healthy offer every week and most Fridays they offer a freebie you can pick up over the weekend! Some stores, like CVS and Hy-Vee, are linked to your card and automatically deposit the savings into your account. Other stores, like Baker’s and Walmart, require you to upload the entire receipt. Cash out for Paypal or bank deposit at just $5!
5. FIND & SAVE – This app allows you to earn money back on purchases at select stores just by submitting your receipts. Some offers are a % cash back on your total purchase and others are cash back on specific items. When your account reaches $25 they will deposit your cash into your Paypal account. Feel free to use my code CX7C when you sign up.
6. BING– This app allows you to search the web on mobile devices and earn free gift cards! You can earn 10+ points a day on mobile and cash out at just 500 points for a free gift card. You can earn more when you use Bing on your home PC or laptop for web searches – up to 25+ points a day. Cash out for gift cards or enter sweepstakes.
7. SWAGBUCKS – If you follow me, you’ve probably heard me talk about Swagbucks. This is my favorite rewards program and I’ve earned thousands in free gift cards over the years. They have six different apps that earn you money. Five of them are TV apps that can earn you over $1 every single day! Here’s more information on Swagbucks TV apps.
RETAIL SHOPPING APPS
8. EBATES – If you shop online from your phone, you should be earning cash back. Simply, open the Ebates app to find the store you want to shop and click from there. They track your purchases and you earn 1-50% cash back on your entire purchase. Plus, the app will alert you when your favorite stores are having sales. You can also use Ebates when shopping from your home computer or laptop. Ebates mails checks or deposits your money into Paypal quarterly for balances over $5.01 (will be rolled into next quarter if under $5.)
9. RETAIL ME NOT – If you love saving money at retail stores, this app is a must. This app will find coupons that you can use in-store at most major retailers and restaurants and save you tons of money! Great if you are like me and forget the store coupons at home or go shopping on a whim.
10. SHOPKICK – This app is so easy to use. Simply open the app when you walk into select stores, like Target, Best Buy, JcPenney’s, Walmart and more and get ‘kicks’. Plus, go on a scavenger hunt in the store and scan selected items for more ‘kicks’. Cash out for gift cards at just $2.00! If you’re not in the store, you can view ‘products’ collections and scroll to the bottom and click ‘tap for a surprise’. Boom! More Kicks!
STORE SPECIFIC APPS
11. CARTWHEEL by Target- This app doesn’t pay you, but it does offer a percent discount on hundreds of items throughout Target. The great thing is you can use this discount with both Target store and manufacturer coupons on the same item. To use Cartwheel, you must first select the offers and load them to your account. If you are shopping at Target, I highly recommend scanning every item you buy with this app. You will be surprised how many offers are available. To use, simply pull up the barcode in the app and scan at the register. If your wi-fi does not work well at Target, take a screen shot and use that at the register. Your barcode never changes for Cartwheel. Click here to download Cartwheel for Apple and for Android.
12. SAVINGS CATCHER by Walmart – If you shop at Walmart, make sure to scan EVERY Walmart receipt into Savings Catcher within 7 days. This app ‘catches’ lower advertised prices at local stores and gives you the difference in the form of a Walmart egift card.
13. PINPOINT REWARDS – This is a loyalty app for local businesses and restaurants. When you first join, you will be offered discounts at all the retailers! Plus, when you use the app in-store you get loyalty rewards points for your purchase. When you get enough points, you will get a reward for that store (like $5 or $10 off your next order or a free meal.) Pinpoint also gives you extra discounts on your birthday and wedding anniversary. This app is rolling out into many markets throughout the country, like Des Moines, Grand Rapids and Vegas.
14. NEX OUTLETS – This app is for Nebraska Crossing Outlets and offers many discounts at those stores regularly. Plus, they just added a rewards program and you can spin daily or check into the NEX outlet mall for points that can be redeemed for free drinks or gift cards at NEX. Rewards change monthly and can be redeemed at the management offices. Click here for NEX app on Apple and Android.
These are my top 14 apps that pay you cash and rewards just for using them! And, yes, I do have all these apps currently on my phone and love earning all the free gift cards & extra money. What apps do you use?