Here are the National Park Free Days coming in 2017:
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents’ Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
In Nebraska, there are 5 national parks and the only one that charges a fee is the Scotts Bluff National Monument.
The fee waiver includes entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.
For more details about the National Park free days, check out their website.
For regular travelers, you can purchase an annual park for one low fee to use any day of the year. If you are active duty military, have a 4th grader or permanently disabled, you may be eligible for a free annual park pass. More details about annual passes.