From the publisher:
” ‘How Successful People Think’ is the perfect, compact read for today’s fast-paced world. America’s leadership expert John C. Maxwell will teach you how to be more creative and when to question popular thinking. You’ll learn how to capture the big picture while focusing your thinking. You’ll find out how to tap into your creative potential, develop shared ideas, and derive lessons from the past to better understand the future. With these eleven keys to more effective thinking, you’ll clearly see the path to personal success.”
Read an excerpt from the book here.
Listen to Audio from the book here.
Visit John C. Maxwell’s site here.
This is a quick, easy to follow read derived from material in Maxwell’s previously published book, ‘Thinking for a Change’. Maxwell characterizes thinking into eleven distinct types. He discusses the benefits and how to embrace each type of thinking in an outline format. Some of the eleven thinking types he unveils include focused, creative and possibility, among others. I really enjoyed the chapter on practicing unselfish thinking. It was very insightful and eye opening.
This book is compact and would be perfect for slipping in your purse or car to read while waiting in line or when you have a few extra moments. I recommend reading only a chapter at a time, reviewing the highlighted points and taking time to absorb the content. If you enjoy self-help and leadership books, ‘How Successful People Think’ is for you.
I have 5 copies of ‘How Successful People Think’ by John C. Maxwell to giveaway thanks to Hachette Book Group. You can earn up to 5 entries for this giveaway. Please leave a separate comment for each entry and a way to contact you.
1. Leave a comment telling me what genre of books you read most often. Please leave an email or way to contact you if you win.
2. Subscribe to my free newsletter here and leave me another comment. Current subscribers or followers just leave a comment saying you subscribe/follow to get an extra entry.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
3. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment.
4. Grab my button and leave another comment with your site’s url.
5. Blog about the giveaway and leave another comment with the link to the post.
This contest will end on Tuesday June 30 , 2009 at 10:00 pm, central time. I will use random.org to select five lucky winners and contact the winner. (If winner does not respond in 48 hours, I will pick another.) U.S. and Canada entries only. No P.O. Boxes. Good luck and thanks for entering!