Girl on Top: Your Guide to Turning Dating Rules into Career Success by Nicole Williams, Center Street, published October 2009.
Synopsis from the publisher:
“Nicole Williams is the tell-it-like-it-is career expert who you wish could fight your work battles for you. But with her ingenious approach-taking the tactics used to land a man and applying them to your career-you’ll be able to handle any work situation and come out on top. Here, Nicole introduces twenty tried-and-true dating rules such as “Don’t Give Away the Milk for Free” and “Don’t Waste the Pretty” and reveals how they can be applied just as effectively in the office.”
Read an Excerpt from the book here
Check out the Nicole William’s website here
Honestly, I was not impressed with Girl on Top: Your Guide to Turning Dating Rules into Career Success. There were humorous parts of the book and some advice was useful, but it was inconsistent. In my opinion her advice cannot and should not be universally applied in the office setting. The book was written for young, urban career women and the advice would be most beneficial for that audience.
It reads very similar to a Cosmopolitan magazine article; blunt and humorous with no-nonsense advice. This book is not for me. However, if you are a career woman in an urban area and enjoy reading Cosmopolitan you would definitely enjoy this book.
I have 5 copies of Girl on Top: Your Guide to Turning Dating Rules into Career Success to give away thanks to Hachette Book Group. You can earn up to 6 entries for this giveaway. Please leave a separate comment for each entry and a way to contact you.
1. Leave a comment. Please leave an email or way to contact you if you win.
2. Subscribe to my free newsletter here and leave me another comment. Current subscribers or followers just leave a comment saying you subscribe/follow to get an extra entry.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
3. Follow me on twitter AND tweet about this giveaway and leave a comment. Include @momsavesmoney in the tweet.
4. Grab my button and leave another comment with your site’s url.
5. Blog about the giveaway and leave another comment with the link to the post.
6. Email three or more friends about the giveaway, cc the email to me at Nicole@momsavesmoney.net and leave another comment here.
This contest will end on Wednesday November 11, 2009 at 10:00 pm, central time. I will use random.org to select five lucky winners and contact the winners. (If any winner does not respond in 48 hours, I will pick another.) U.S. and Canada entries only. No P.O. Boxes. Good luck and thanks for entering!