Woot! Woot! Great sales this week – and not just on cereal! Here’s a suggested menu plan based upon the deals that await you!
This last week, I picked up some Brautwurst that were about to expire (and thus were 50% off). They’re in our freezer and I think as soon as I have a somewhat decent day, I’ll fire up the grill. But it just isn’t close to warm enough for me yet!
(I haven’t forgotten about the good cereal deals this week; I’ll be back later with a post all about cereal!)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole – My husband isn’t a fan of tuna, so this wouldn’t be a good idea in our house. But maybe in yours! Fareway has tuna on sale and if you want to use it, but don’t want to use it in the Tuna Helpers, try this Tuna Noodle Casserole. Or maybe this Tuna Broccoli Bake.
- Pork Loin – I love this recipe! I make it often as it’s very husband-friendly. Stop by SuperSaver and pick up some pork loin and give this a shot. Super easy!
- French Onion Burgers – SuperSaver has burgers on sale, try it with a can of soup!
- Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches – Or turkey. Or Roast Beef. Or whatever flavor of meat your family likes. Budding meats are on sale at Fareway.
- Baked Potato Soup – if you’re headed to Bakers to take advantage of their cereal and milk deal, you could use some milk in this soup. Great for cold nights! Just add a salad. Or a sandwich. Yummers!
And all that fruit on sale – especially at Aldis! What a great pick-me-up for these cold winter days. Make some smoothies! Fruit salad! Chocolate fondue with fruit dippers (wouldn’t kids love that!) Here’s a great smoothie in a bag recipe for the freezer using bananas and strawberries that are on sale this week!
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Mix the eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg.
Pour into greased jelly roll pan and bake at 350° for 25 -30 minutes.
Let cool before frosting.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and, so far, a mother to two little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.