The easiest, most versatile garlic bread recipe made with your choice of bread
When I’m grocery shopping, I like to check the “about to expire” bread section. Occasionally, there are loaves of French bread or even garlic bread there. When there is a loaf, I pick up one and freeze it for later. But often, I just turn regular bread into garlic bread. This is a simple and quick side dish to pair with your a spaghetti dinner or your favorite Italian meal.
Making Garlic Bread
This recipe is very versatile and you can use any bread you have on hand. Sometimes, I even mix & match to use up all the bread in the house. I’ve done it with hamburger buns, hot dog buns, hoagie buns, or even regular slices of bread. If I happen to make homemade French bread, that is my absolute favorite. I always make an extra loaf just so I have leftovers for this recipe.
Making the garlic bread is very simple. Just add butter, garlic powder and cheese! If you like more garlic flavor, add more garlic powder. If you like it extra cheesy, add more of your favorite cheese. Or, mix and match your favorite cheese combinations. This recipe is a great way to use up a couple of leftover buns and very little prep time is needed!
What to Serve with Garlic Bread
I always serve this garlic bread on spaghetti night, but also with a few of our favorite Italian dishes.
Easy Garlic Bread
- Bread (hamburger, hoagie, hot dog buns or sandwich bread, can even mix & match)
- Butter (room temperature)
- Garlic powder
- Shredded cheese (Mozzeralla, cheddar, colby jack, whatever you want)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (You can also go higher if you’re baking something else at the same time, just adjust the baking time.)
- Butter one side of the bread or bun.
- Sprinkle garlic powder on top of the butter.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the bread.
- Lay buttered side up on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Might not take as long if you use a higher temperature.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and, so far, a mother to two little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.