Frozen Fruit Cups
Icy, fruity and quick! These frozen fruit cups are wonderful year round!
4 cups of fruit. I did:
- 16 ounces strawberries, cleaned and diced (1 pound)
- 1 can (14 oz) mandarin oranges
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple
- Some blueberries (which really turned my fruit cups purple!)
3-4 cups of fruit liquids. I did a mixture of:
- pineapple juice
- orange juice
- pink lemonade
Spoon! I just combined and mixed the fruits and then spooned into the bottom of the cups.
Pour! Pour the fruit liquids on top of the fruit.
Freeze! I have a french door style freezer where there is a bottom tray. I just place these in one of the upper portions until frozen. Leave them there for a few hours (or overnight), then you'll be able to serve them "whenever you want"!
Serve! Depending on the size of cups you use, it'll take about 10-15 minutes before they're at a "slushy" state. The bigger the cup, the more time it will take, but you can always pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get the process started.
- I didn't use any additional sugar - the fruits & liquids were sweet enough, but if you don't think they will be, you can add some sugar to the fruit mixture. I had 9 ounce plastic cups and filled them just a little over 1/2 full. I got 20 servings out of this amount. So you can easily halve or double the recipe for your needs.
- You don't have to follow this recipe exactly - that's what's great about it. Use any fruit that's freezer friendly. Add more pineapple if that's your thing. Leave it out if it isn't. Use some red grapes or cantaloupe pieces.
- I wasn't scientific about my liquids. I was using up some orange juice & pineapple juice that I had. The end result is that some of the cups got more orange juice than others. Some got more lemonade. My family loved them all!