One Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper
This one pot homemade hamburger helper is cheesy and easy to prepare!
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth (or 1 1/2 cups of water with 2 bouillon cubes)
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni (or other small pasta shapes)
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef/turkey, onion and spices. Drain grease.
Add milk, broth, tomato sauce and macaroni. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat.
Cook for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.