You say Mix, I say Match. Mix! Match! Mix! Match! Yup, it’s time for another Mix & Match Sale from Bakers. But what I’m really excited about this week is Hy-Vee’s ad! My Kraft Macaroni & Shapes are on sale and my stash is pretty darn low I love those! Click here to see the full list.
Here are some menu suggestions:
- Frito Pie – It might seem weird to base a meal off chips, but with them on sale this week, now’s the time! Check out Pioneer Woman’s recipe here. Or this Frito pie casserole style.
- Pulled Pork – I just posted this one a couple of weeks ago and it’s still one of my favorites! Aldi’s has the pork butt on sale that would be wonderful in this!
- Chicken Leg Quarters – Bakers has these on sale. You could try this BBQ on the grill, roasted in the oven, or Crockpot Cuban Style!
- BBQ Beef Casserole – I haven’t made this in a long time (maybe it’s time to dust it out!), but this is also an easy recipe using beef, barbeque sauce and Jiffy corn bread mix.
- A Big Old Salad – There’s no “recipe” for this one, but there’s lots of veggies on sale this week. Why not serve a salad? You can always put chicken or a steak on top. Ummm… a steak salad – I’ll take mine with blue cheese please!
Here’s a recipe for a pasta salad that my family loves. I don’t know where we got the recipe, but my mom has been making it for years! It’s perfect for all seasons – not mayonnaise-based, so it does well in summer at picnics, but it’s also great at Christmas because it uses red pimentos and green bell pepper. I even love that it’s best made the day before and the leftovers and wonderful. Try it!
Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2-4 ounces jar pimento (you can leave out if that’s not your thing, but it is tasty!)
- 1 green pepper
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Cook the pasta.
Mix all the ingredients together and add pasta.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and, so far, a mother to two little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.