Have you heard about Do Space? This is an amazing new facility in Omaha with $3 million dollar in technology. Best part, is the public gets FREE access to the hardware, software and ultrafast gigabit bandwidth internet. This new center on the corner of 72nd and Dodge (former Borders bookstore) has many amazing features and most are provided at no charge to the public.
If you have kids or teens, you will definitely want to check out their dedicated teen space and children’s area. We visited for their grand opening and all three of my kids had a blast using the technology!
What Do Space offers:
1. A computer lab equipped with 56 personal computers and Macs for public use
2. Adobe Photoshop and AutoCad software on select computers
3. Mobile laptops or eReaders tablets available for checkout to use within Do Space
4. Teen Room with free video games, lounging area and giant split-screen TV
5. Kid’s area with STEM activies, Ipads, robots, touchscreen digital Lego building, toys, games and books
6. Laser Printing – Free to use, but you do need to bring your own materials
7. Conference rooms fully equipped with technology
8. Technology Classes – these are free and open to the public, but do require that you pre-register
9. Clubs & classes for teens and kids including Littles Lab, Junior Makers and Teen Hackers
10. 3D printing – There is an extra fee for this service, but the cost is minimal
11. Starting in 2016, Metropolitan Community College classes will be held on the 2nd floor
12. FREE Membership to access these amazing features and classes
13. Volunteer opportunities
14. Staffed with employees who are available to offer assistance with technology instruction and support
15. Open 9am – 9pm every day!
Do Space is providing the Omaha area with a state-of-art technology center and educational opportunities. Check out their website to learn more about the center and the classes they will be offering. They are located on 7205 Dodge Street in Omaha.
What are you most excited to check out at Do Space?