Another week, another shopping list. Here’s some menu suggestions to go with this week’s sales!
- Sausage & Cream Cheese Casserole – The sausage on sale at Bakers is perfect for this. In fact, this recipe is a couponers dream since it calls for cream cheese and crescent rolls – two ingredients that are often on sale and might be in your fridge already!
- Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops – This looks to be another easy recipe – prepare the marinade in the morning and grill them up real quick at night. Looks delicious too!
- Mac & Cheese with Beef – This is on our menu this week. With the barilla pasta on sale and some of the tomatoes that I have in our stockpile, this comes together super quick and makes great leftovers.
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar & Balsamic Pork Loin – Stop by Hy-Vee and pick up a pork loin. I like them because they’re easy to make, but can also look fancy when you serve them. With this being a slow cooker recipe, it makes it even easier to pull together.
- Chicken Pot Pie – Pick up a pie crust, some chicken and veggies and this would come together quickly. I substitute regular milk for the half-and-half if I don’t have it. I also leave out the potatoes and just put in more veggies…but do what works for your pantry!
Here’s a recipe that I made a couple of weeks ago that we enjoyed. Since I always have browned ground beef in my freezer, it was super easy to throw together. I served with some veggies and a salad and we were happy campers!
Cheesy Ground Beef Rice Casserole
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can kernel corn
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp cumin(optional – use if you like a little heat. Use more if you like more heat.)
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a cooking pan, brown the beef with the garlic, onions, salt, pepper, oregano and cumin.
- Drain excess fat and return beef mixture to pan.
- Add rice, tomato sauce, corn, 1 cup cheese and broth, let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer everything into a casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes. A 9x9 pan works great.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the cheese with the sour cream
- After 15 minutes of baking, drop the cheese/sour cream mixture on top. Bake 15 more minutes.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and, so far, a mother to two little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.