Ready to shop this week’s best sales? I’m loving all the baking supplies on sale. I’m fully stocked up now on flour and sugar – bring on the treats! And, once again, I’m also working on clearing out the freezer –way too much food in there! The joys and pains of a deep freezer!
Here are some menu suggestions:
- Beef & Veggie Stir Fry – This is the only stir fry that I make just because we love it. I reduce the amount of steak that I use and increase the veggies, but I love it. You will do!
- Chicken Pot Pie – What a wonderful meal for cold weather! Warm your bellies and your kitchens. Pie crusts are on sale and this is a great use for them.
- Roasted Chicken – Make a chicken. Or two! Use some for a meal and use any leftovers for future meals.
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole – Did you pick up some of the breakfast on sale? Have breakfast for dinner with this casserole.
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Wild Rice Soup – Great time for soup – try this one!
Got M&Ms? Got chocolate chips? Make these cookie bars! It’s essentially a chocolate chip or M&M cookie in bar form. Perfect for topping with ice cream!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 s cup semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks or M&M
Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In mixer bowl beat together oil and sugars. Beat in eggs. Add vanilla.
Gradually beat in dry ingredients.
Mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips or M&Ms. Spread into 9x13 pan.
Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips or M&Ms on top.
Bake for 15-25 minutes or until light brown.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to two little boys and a third boy due in April 2015. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.