Spaghetti. Love it! It’s easy too. You just boil some noodles, make some sauce and serve it up. If you wanted to fancy it up, you can add homemade meatballs. This is a step above that. This is boil some noodles, make some sauce, mix up some other stuff, arrange in a casserole dish, bake, then serve it up.
Seems like A LOT more work, doesn’t it? But it isn’t really. The reason that it isn’t so much extra work is that you can make a few of them at one time and freeze them. So while your run-of-the-mill spaghetti takes 15 minutes, this spaghetti bake takes a little bit longer, but you can get several meals out of it. Just double the recipe and make two. Or triple the recipe and make three. Or quadruple the recipe and make four. And so on…
For my family, I make one batch and use a 9×9 pan to get 2 casseroles. I freeze one and bake one. One half of this recipe will still get my young family 2 meals. And leftovers are awesome!
Freezer Friendly Baked Spaghetti
- 16 oz thin spaghetti
- 1 lb browned hamburger
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti in a pretty big pot. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese and sour cream.
- In another bowl, combine browned hamburger and spaghetti sauce.
- In the empty spaghetti pot, melt the butter. Once melted, add the eggs and parmesan cheese and whisk together.
- Add the noodles back in and mix together.
In a greased 9x13 dish, put in:
- ½ the noodles, followed by
- ½ the cottage cheese/sour cream mixture followed by
- ½ the meat sauce, followed by
- ½ the mozzarella cheese
Do those layers all over again:
- The rest of the noodles, followed by
- The rest of the cottage cheese/sour cream mixture followed by
- The rest of the meat sauce, followed by
- The rest of the mozzarella cheese
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake 30-40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes (until cheese is bubbly).
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to three little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.