One of my favorite parts of making a pot roast is the carrots. I mean, the actual roast is good, but the carrots? They’re great! And my kids love them too! That got me thinking about making carrots in the crockpot.
The end result of this recipe isn’t carrots that taste like pot roast, but they’re still really good. They’re sweet, but not overly so. And I love that they cook in a slow cooker, making them easy. Set up the slow cooker, let it sit on the counter and a few hours later, have a great side dish. This would also be perfect for a holiday meal as it doesn’t need babysitting. I’ll be making it often!
Sweet Slow Cooker Carrots
- 2-3 pounds baby carrots
- 4 Tablespoons butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Dump in carrots
- Dump in butter and brown sugar.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Stir about ½ way through and again after an hour.
- Check for doneness at about 4 hours – depending on how soft you want them.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to three little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.