Taking the time to make a meal from start to finish all at one time is great. It’s awesome when we have the time to do that. But if you’re like me, you don’t always have the time. Sometimes, you just want to grab something out of the freezer and just get dinner on the table. You don’t want to think about it.
Casseroles are great. Casseroles are awesome. They have a wonderful place. Not just in the world, but in my kitchen. But sometimes, you just a big piece of meat. Specifically, a big piece of chicken. Maybe you want it grilled. Maybe you want it baked. But, no matter what, you want it to be delicious.
This. This is the delicious chicken marinade that you’re looking for.
This. This is the “take it out of the freezer and just make it happen” dinner you’re looking for.
What is this? This is the way to make BBQ chicken easily and simply. Prepare it ahead of time. Throw it in the oven. Or throw it on the grill. Dinner without too much fuss, but still being delicious.
Italian Barbecue Chicken
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing (about ½ bottle)
- 16 ounces barbecue sauce (as spicy or as mild as you want)
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Mix all ingredients into a bowl or a freezer-safe bag.
- If cooking soon, let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Or stick in freezer if you’re going to freeze. I like to lay as flat as possible until frozen, then you can stack them.
- If frozen, let thaw in fridge for the day or even overnight.
To cook, there are 2 great options:
- Grill on a medium hot grill for a few minutes on each side.
- Bake in a greased 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes depending on thickness of the chicken. (Note: Internal temperature will be 165 degrees when fully cooked.)
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to three little boys (soon to be 4 this summer!). She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.