OH MY GOSH! Please make this Beef Stroganoff! Please! Please! Please! For the love of all that is good and right in your kitchen, make this recipe! It’s THAT good. Now, I’ve made some good Beef Stroganoffs before, but none nearly as good as this. And this doesn’t have any ‘Cream of’ soups or ‘packets’ of sauces. Those are fine – they’re just foods that one of my kids can’t have. So this is a double blessing to our family – super fantastic food that all of my family can enjoy! I love it.
It’s got worcestershire sauce in it. That makes it so flavorful. It slow cooks over a long time. That makes it so tender. It has fresh mushrooms in it. That makes it hearty. It’s got sour cream in it. That makes it smooth. It’s got cream cheese in it. That makes it creamy.
It might not photograph well, but it’s just absolutely fantastic!
And for those who are looking for a recipe that can cook in a slow cooker all day — this is it! It cooks for up to 9 hours (then set to warm). When you get home, add the rest of the ingredients, crank it up to high and boil your pasta. Within 30 minutes, you’ll have a hot meal on the table. Nothing beats that!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound stew meat
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, fresh
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 12 ounces cooked noodles
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes, softened
- 4 tablespoons corn starch + ½ cup beef broth
- In a slow cooker, add stew meat, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, mushrooms, beef broth, garlic, dijon mustard and worcestershire sauce. Cover.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, stir corn starch into the 1/2 cup beef broth. Mix into slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream. Cook for another 20-30 minutes on high. Cream cheese and sour cream will mix in.
- Serve on noodles. (Or mix noodles in.)
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to four little boys. She tries to coupon, builds a smart stockpile, and always meal plans. While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better – she never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.