Chances are that you’ll be finding me at SuperSaver this week, buying tomatoes! I use a lot of it in many recipes, so I’m stocking up! Check out what else is worth stocking up on in Nicole’s list of what’s on sale this week! Here are some menu suggestions.
- Italian Sausage & Peppers – Make this while bell peppers & onions are on sale!
- Baked Fajitas – Another great use of those bell peppers & onions!
- Chili – It’s perfect soup weather! And I love anything tomato-based – it makes for great leftovers!
- Italian Sausage Soup – Speaking of soup, I think this one is my very favorite one of all. You can make it with or without tortellini.
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak – Chinese Food! In a slow cooker! Seems like a great combination to me!
With peanut butter at a stock up price, you should make these Peanut Butter Cup bars! They really do taste very close to a homemade Reeses Peanut Butter cup. Except they’re cheaper. And you can cut really little pieces. Or really big pieces! I love ‘em!
Peanut Butter Cup Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- Line an 8×8-inch (or 9x9) square pan with foil, leaving enough to hang over the sides, then spray with cooking spray.
- Make the bars. In a medium saucepan, melt the 1/2 cup of butter over low heat. Stir in the powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs until completely combined and smooth. Spread the peanut butter mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Make the topping. In the saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup unsalted butter. Add the chocolate and stir until melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer and smooth into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set. Remove from the pan using the foil overhangs and place on a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to slice into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and, so far, a mother to two little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.