Just like the Ranch Snack Crackers, these guys are great at all kind of events that usually surround the holidays. Maybe you’ve just eaten a big ham dinner the day before and want something small for lunch. Maybe you’re looking for a simple appetizer for a New Year’s Eve party or even a Mexican Fiesta! This could be it!
These are simple – as simple or complex as you want to make them. And let me tell you, I go pretty simple on them. But I’ve included optional ingredients that you can also use – just depends on your tastes! These also are a timer saver because they’re best (I think) when made the day before or earlier in the day. Just a little preparation saves you a lot of panic!
And they’re great because you can make as many or as few as you want. Just want 1 for yourself? Cool! Need to feed 50 people? Cool! Whatever you need!
Tortilla Roll Ups
- Cream cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salsa (as mild or as hot as you want!)
- Cheese (I think finely shredded works best and you can try different flavors – cheddar, taco, monterrey jack, etc)
- Optional – chopped black olives, green chiles or chopped jalapenos
- On a tortilla, spread a light layer of cream cheese. You might be tempted to go too full, so for your first roll up, go LIGHT until you know how full you’re making them.
- Lightly sprinkle some garlic powder on top.
- Spread some salsa on top. Again, a little goes a long way.
- Optional – spread black olives, green chiles or jalapenos on top as well.
- Spread some cheese on top. Little bit!
- Roll it up.
- Cut into slices. Maybe 4-5 per roll up.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or longer.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to two little boys and a third boy due in April 2015. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.