Did you try my chicken parmesan recipe? I hope so! Any chance you made too much? If so, this is what you want to do with those leftovers – make them into sandwiches! It’s a way of experiencing the yumminess of chicken parmesan without needing a knife and fork. And these sandwiches travel much better than normal chicken parmesan. Make ‘em and eat ‘em outside!
Baked Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches
- Chicken Parmesan Breasts
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- hoagie buns (I use Rotella’s braut buns)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make Chicken parmesan, if you haven't already. Can use frozen breaded chicken breasts. If so, bake 'em according to directions.
- Open the hoagie bun. Put a chicken parmesan on it. Top with sauce. Top that with mozzarella cheese. Close the hoagie bun.
- Spray a sheet of aluminum foil lightly with cooking spray. Put the sandwich on top. Wrap it.
- Put on a cookie sheet. Repeat for as many sandwiches as you need.
- Bake for 30 minutes (maybe a little less if you just baked the chicken).
- Unwrap. Serve. Eat.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to three little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.