I’m always looking for recipes that are ridicoulsously easy. And, yet, still get me excited about eating dinner. Well, this is one of those!
It’s easy. Its chicken and a sauce. And it’s versatile. You can bake it or stir fry it. Don’t want to heat up your house? Then grill it or throw it in the slow cooker. One of the best parts is that its freezer friendly. I like it so much that I’ll make 2-3 batches of it and always have something on hand for dinner. Could not be easier!
Sweet Asian Chicken
- 2-3 pounds chicken, boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice(juice from approximately 1 lime)
- 1 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
Mix. Mix all ingredients except oil into a bowl or a freezer-safe bag.
Marinate. If cooking soon, let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Or stick in freezer if you're gonna freeze. I like to lay as flat as possible til frozen, then you can stack them.
Thaw. If frozen, let thaw in frig for the day or even overnight.
Cook. Lots of options here:
- Grill. Grill on a medium hot grill for a few minutes on each side.
- Bake. Bake in a greased 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes depending on thickness of the chicken.
- Stir Fry. Cut into strips, add stir fry veggies.
- Slow Cook. Put in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
Eat. I like this on rice. Tasty!
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to three little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.
Love how simple and yummy this looks. I love these types of slow cooker meals, throw it together, cook all day, come home to a yummy meal.