This is a great way to make hamburgers even if you don’t have a grill. In fact, this recipe doesn’t work real well on a grill – the soup would just fall through. This is my favorite way of making burgers in winter time. I just dig out my griddle and get to cooking! We love them and it’s a fancy-but-not-too-fancy-for-everyday kind of dinner!
French Onion Burgers
- 4 hamburgers
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 4 slices cheese (I like mozzarella or provolone, but use whatever you like)
- 4 hamburger buns
- Heat a big skillet or a griddle to medium-high heat.
- Add the burgers and cook until mostly done.
- If using a skillet, remove burgers and drain grease. Put burgers back in.
- Pour the soup on top of the burgers.
- Top with cheese. Cover if you can. (I just use a big lid or two when making them on the griddle. Helps the cheese melt.)
- Serve the burgers on buns. Spoon the extra sauce on top, if desired.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to three little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.