More chocolate & peanut butter! It’s a wonderful combination! This one isn’t a baked dessert; it’s a freezer pie. Makes it great option if you’re hosting a party or want to bring a dessert to a potluck – you can make it days ahead of time, put it in the freezer and just pull it out when needed. That’s great for time management!
This recipe too makes a VERY full pie. In fact, you can double the pie ingredients and make 3 pies instead of 1. 3 times the pie at only 2 times the cost!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Pie
- 1 chocolate pre-made pie crust
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 C sweetened condensed milk (about 1/2 of a can)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 10 individual Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped, divided
- 1/2 C hot fudge topping
- Chocolate syrup
- Combine cream cheese, condensed milk, peanut butter, and powdered sugar in a mixer.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth and completely combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the Cool Whip and ¾ of the candy until combined.
- Pour hot fudge topping into bottom of crust. (If it’s too hard to pour, warm in microwave for a bit to make it pourable).
- Pour peanut butter mixture into pie crust. Spread it out.
- Drizzle top with chocolate syrup, if desired.
- Add chopped candy on top.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to three little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.