Bananas. Bananas. We go bananas for bananas in our house! We usually eat them right away, but sometimes they get too ripe for my liking. Okay, fine, sometimes I let them get too ripe just so that I can bake with them. One of my favorite things to make with over-ripe bananas (besides banana bread) is these double chocolate banana muffins.
Chocolate in the batter. Chocolate chips in there too. Add in some banana and it’s delicious! And my kids adore them! They do very well in the freezer too – I just freeze them individually on a cookie sheet, then put in a freezer-safe container for later. Take out what you need, defrost and devour them!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix bananas, oil and egg.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to wet ingredients. Stir just until moistened.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- (Optional) Sprinkle a little sugar on top before baking just to give them a little extra somethin' somethin'.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to four little boys. She coupons, price matches and meal plans. While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better – she never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.