Are you one of those people whose garden is producing produce prolifically? (Say that 10 times fast!) We have a small garden and just planted tomatoes and bell peppers. We’re just now starting to get tomatoes, but I’m betting within a week, we’re going to have ALOT of those red juicy gems on our hands!
I haven’t canned tomatoes (but my mom always did when I was growing up), but that’s one option for dealing with an abundance of tomatoes. Another option is giving them away or trading with a friend. But in case you wanna eat ’em some of the produce that’s more common, here are some recipes to consider!
Got tomatoes? Give these recipes a try!
- Green Bean, Tomato, Onion, and Basil Summer Salad – Perfect if you have green beans and tomatoes producing well in your garden!
- Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad – I often combine cucumbers and tomatoes because my kids love them, but I haven’t done so with a cream-based dressing. That would be a sure winner in my house!
- Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad – I love blue cheese, but my husband does not. But we can both agree on feta cheese. This salad’s got it in a perfect relationship with tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Corn, Avocado and Tomato – Once upon a time, I used to ask restaurants to hold the avocado when I ordered a salad. Now? That makes me sad and I want all those avocado slices back! It’s just delicious. Try this salad – it’s delicious too!
- Parmesan Tomato Zucchini Bake – This dish is gorgeous! Got a special occasion coming up? Bring this!
- Fresh Garden Bruschetta – Oh my stars! This is amazing with our homegrown tomatoes. We also bake our own bread, so that combination was fantastic!
- Baked Parmesan Tomatoes – Tomatoes and cheese go together like potatoes and butter — delicious when baked!
I haven’t planted zucchini this year, but it isn’t hard to find. Zucchini growers are always looking to get rid of their produce – those plants produce alot!
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread – Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting??! I’m in!
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini – An excellent side dish that’s quick and easy.
- Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bread – I love zucchini bread. My husband loves cinnamon. This could be quite good for our marriage!
- Fresh Corn Zucchini Chowder – A chowder made with potatoes and zucchini?! Sign me up!
- Cheesy Zucchini Tots – This one is for you moms that want to hide veggies!
- Baked Italian Zucchini, Tomatoes & Onions – This looks like heaven and something I’d eat tons and tons of!
- Lemon Zucchini Bread – Lemon is so summer-y, isn’t it? It might just be a perfect complement to zucchini.
- Vinegar Marinaded Cucumbers – This is very similar to a recipe that my mom made while we were growing up. It was a family favorite around our house.
- Creamy Cucumber Salad – This is also very similar to the second cucumber dish that my mom used to make. Delicious!
- Chicken Cucumber Avocado Salad – This would be a great, quick, light, summer-time meal!
- Baked Cucumber Chips – This is so intriguing to me! I know kale chips are all the rage (wait…are they still?), but cucumbers are worth a try.
- Sweet & Spicy Cucumbers – This really speaks to me. I’ve add this to my “must make” list!
- Sugar Glazed Cucumber Bread – Cucumbers?! In bread!? Why not! We put zucchini there all the time.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and to four little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better. She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time. You can find her at No Regrets Living.