Got a kid that doesn’t want to eat his veggies, but he will eat pizza?
Got a party that you need an appetizer for?
Wanna serve something that at least looks a little healthy?
Try this veggie pizza!
A few weeks ago, I had a MOPS event where I needed to bring an appetizer. I wasn’t getting excited about anything that came to mind. Even a quick look at pinterest didn’t get me any winners and that usually does the trick. So I went back to my recipe binders and did some flipping.
As I was flipping through the binder, I kept saying “Nah” to everything I was seeing. As I was going to an event with 100+ women, I didn’t want to bring anything that needed a slow cooker or that was too messy to eat. I was also wanting a finger food rather than something that needed a fork. I came to my recipe for Veggie Pizza and I knew I had a winner!
- It feeds a crowd pretty easily.
- It’s “healthy-ish” with all the veggies.
- It’s a good finger food.
- It’s easy to make and doesn’t require heating.
- I can make it early in the morning and serve it later at the party.
And it really only has a few steps:
- Bake a crust.
- Top it with a cream cheese & ranch mixture.
- Top with veggies.
- Cut into bars!
Winner! Winner! It really is easy and it’s customizable. You can use almost any vegetables you want. I used the ones that I like and a lot of them I had on hand. If you use a variety of colors, it really looks good. It’s really just a crescent roll crust with a ranch-flavored “sauce” with chopped veggies on top. Doesn’t get much easier!
- 2 cans Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 1 packet (1/3 cup) dry Ranch Dressing mix
4 cups of chopped veggies, any combination. I frequently use:
- 1/2 cup Broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, cut into 1/4s or 1/8
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- Heat oven to 375.
- Unroll both cans and press dough into bottom and sides of ungreased raised edge baking sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream and dressing mix until blended.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Decorate with vegetables.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to four little boys. She tries to coupon, builds a smart stockpile, and always meal plans. While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better – she never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.