This recipe is awesome and it couldn’t be any easier! It’s very similar to the Cherry & Pineapple Dump Cake that I posted before – just with apple pie filling! It has many of the same flavors as Apple Crisp, but it comes together very quickly. It’ll take you more time to take the items out of the pantry than it will take you to put the dessert together.
I used 2 cans of apple pie filling, but you could use 3 if you were serving a large group – it’ll come together just as quickly, but feed more people. My husband is a big apple fan and he loved it!
More delicious apple desserts:
Apple Dump Cake
- 2-3 cans of apple pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks of butter, each cut into 12 slices
- Preheat oven to 350° F (325°F for glass baking dish). Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Dump apple pie filling into the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the apple pie filling.
- Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.
- Bake for one hour.
- To serve, scoop cake out with a large spoon like a cobbler, and dump it on a nice plate. A scoop of vanilla ice cream dumped on top is delicious! Serve warm or cold.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to four little boys. She tries to coupon, builds a smart stockpile, and always meal plans. While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better – she never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her on Instagram.