My husband says these taste like Cherry Bing Bars. I take his word for it as I don’t remember what those taste like. What I do know:
- They taste like Cherry.
- They taste like Dark Chocolate.
- They’re crispy and addicting!
If that’s what Cherry Bing Bars taste like, then sign me up!
They’re ridiculously easy to make. So much so that our 5 and 6 year old helps me make them. Just a few ingredients.
Melt some butter and marshmallows on the stove.
Add some Cherry jell-o flavoring.
Add Rice Krispie cereal.
Form into a 9×13 pan.
Top with melted chocolate.
That’s it! Just gotta wait for that chocolate to set, then cut into bars!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Bing Bars
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 ½ tablespoons Cherry Jell-o (the powder)
- 12-16 ounces dark chocolate can use regular chocolate chips if you don’t have dark chocolate
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and Cherry Jell-o and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add in cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- In microwave, melt chocolate. Start with 1 minute, then stir. Stir every 10-15 seconds until melted.
- Spread chocolate over the Rice Krispie treats.
- Allow to set for at least an hour.
- Cut into squares. Enjoy!
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to four little boys. She tries to coupon, builds a smart stockpile, and always meal plans. While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better – she never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her on Instagram.