We love Blueberry Banana Bread at our house! My boys just devour it, so when it came time to make something for the teachers at one of my son’s school, I thought about that bread. But I wanted to make it a little easier to eat than a slice of bread. So I turned it into muffins. Same banana bread recipe. It tastes like bread, not cake. (I have a recipe that tastes like cake already). It has the plumpness of the blueberries. It has the firmness of bananas. Just in muffin form.
I did sprinkle a little bit of white sugar on top before baking them (brown sugar is delicous too!) and that makes it a little more dessert-y and like a treat, but you can forgo that.
Just make ’em!
Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pint blueberries (ish), frozen or fresh
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin. (I swear by Pam with Flour!)
- In a mixing bowl, melt the butter.
- Add in the mashed bananas. (I just add the bananas to the bowl and mash them into the butter.)
- Mix in the baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour.
- Fold in the blueberries - don't use the mixer, just mix by hand.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins, about 1/2 full. Sprinkle the tops with brown or white sugar if you like.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and devour!
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to four little boys. She tries to coupon, builds a smart stockpile, and always meal plans. While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better – she never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.