I love fall and visiting pumpkin patches near Omaha in Nebraska and Iowa with the kids. Hayrack rides, picking out our own pumpkins, haunted houses, caramel apples, and playing at a pumpkin patch are the highlight of the changing season.
There are over a dozen pumpkin patches within driving distance of the Omaha Metro area. Most of the ones listed are less than an hour drive from our area. I’ve included the dates and times the pumpkin patches are open, the cost and a few activities included. Make sure to click the title of the pumpkin patch to visit their website and view more about each pumpkin patch.
OMAHA METRO AREA PUMPKIN PATCHES:
BELLEVUE BERRY & PUMPKIN PATCH – 11001 S 48th St, Papillion, NE
- Tour the ghost town, tree house, pirate ship play area, pick your own pumpkin and hayrack rides.
- Open Sept 14 – Oct 31
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-830pm, Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm
- Cost: Daytime admission: Monday-Friday $7 per person, Saturday & Sunday $10 per person. Ages 2 and under free.
- Ranch of Terror and Haunted Hayrack ride open Friday-Saturday 630pm-1130pm and Sunday 630pm-10pm for $13 each or $22 combo price.
VALA’S PUMPKIN PATCH – 12102 S. 180th Street, Gretna, NE
- 50+ attractions, 3 live shows, hayrack rides, apple picking, haunted houses, jumping pillows, games, and much more.
- Open Sept 13- Oct 31
- Hours: Sun-Thurs 9am -9pm, Friday & Saturday 9am-10pm
- Cost: Monday-Thursday $12.95 per person, September Friday-Sunday $16.95 per person, October Friday-Sunday $23.95 per person. Season passes available for $55.95 per person. Ages 2 & under free.
WENNINGHOFF FARMS PUMPKIN PATCH – 6707 Wenninghoff Road, Omaha, NE
- Fall themed games, animals, hayrides, combine slide & more
- Open Sept 28 – Oct 31
- Monday-Friday 9am-7pm, $6 per person. Ages 2 & under free.
- Saturday & Sunday 10am-5pm, $7 per person. Ages 2 & under free.
NEARBY NEBRASKA PUMPKIN PATCHES:
ARBOR DAY FARM – 2611 Arbor Avenue, Nebraska City, NE
- Hayrides, corn maze, living history, u-pick apples and pumpkins, and discovery rides.
- Open Sept 1 – Oct 31.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 9am – 5pm, Sunday 11 am – 5pm.
- Cost: All-access day pass (includes tree adventure & Arbor lodge) adults $19, children 3-12 $15, Ages 2 & under free. Event passes can be purchases ala carte.
BLOOM WHERE YOU’RE PLANTED FARM – 911-108th Street, Avoca, NE
- Hayrides, nature trails, farm animals, play areas, swings, yard games, agriculture exhibits & more.
- Open Sept 28 – Oct 27
- Hours: Friday-Sunday 10am-6pm
- Cost: $7 per person. Ages 2 and under free. Military, police and fire/rescue receive $1 off per immediate family members with ID.
CAMP FONTANELLE – 9677 County Road 3, Fontanelle, NE
- 9 acre Corn maze, hayrack rides, bouncing pillow, petting farm & more.
- Open Sept 15 – Oct 27
- Hours: Saturdays 10 am -7pm and Sundays 1pm-7pm,
- Cost: Children ages 3-11 $6.00 per person, Ages 12 & older $8.00 per person, Ages 2 & under free.
- Additional charge for zipline, tree climbing, and private campfires.
Check out our visit to Camp Fontanelle:
HARVEST MOON FARM – 1410 Hwy 77, Oakland, NE
- Jumping pillows, go-karts, corn maze, scarecrow forest, trike track, animals and more.
- Opens Sept 20
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 10am-3pm, Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday & Sunday 12pm – 8pm. Closed Mondays.
- Cost: $8.50 per person, Military & Veterans (with ID) $5.00 per person, Seniors 65+ $7.00. Kids 2 and under free.
- Fire pits available for additional charge.
MARTIN’S HILLSIDE ORCHARD – 2024 Ashland Road, Ceresco, NE
- Wagon rides & butterfly garden (weekend afternoons), corn maze, tire mountain, climbing fort, and u-pick fruit.
- Sept 1 – end of October
- Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 10am-6pm
- Cost: $4 per person ($2 of this fee goes toward purchase of your u-pick fruit when you check out.) Kids 2 and under free.
JKS PUMPKIN PATCH – 757 Bluff Road, Lincoln, NE
- Jumping pillow, corn maze, pirate ship, hayrack rides, petting zoo, combine slide, jump pads, and more.
- Open Sept 13 – Oct 27
- Hours: Friday, Saturday & Sunday 10am-7pm
- Cost: $11 per person. Pumpkin included with admission.
POPPY’S PUMPKIN PATCH – 55275 837 Rd., Norfolk, NE
- Petting zoo, wooden maze, slides, zip lines, play areas, train rides, corn pit, enchanted forest and more.
- Open Sept 17 – Oct 30
- Hours: Tuesday & Wednesday 10am – 3pm, Thursday – Sunday 10am – 6pm, Closed Mondays.
- Cost: $7.50 per person, Seniors 65+ & Military (with ID) $6.50 per person, family season pass $70 (2 adults and dependent children). Ages 2 & under free.
- Fire pits available for additional charge.
ROCA BERRY FARM – 16531 S 38th St., Roca, NE 68430
- Games, slides, hayrack rides, dino dig, corn maze, duck races, playground, puzzle mazes and more.
- Open Sept 21 – Oct 31
- Hours:Monday- Thursday 9am – 6pm, Sept 22, 29 & Oct 6 hours are 9 am-7pm (no scary farm), Oct 13, 20, 27 9am-830pm. Oct 31 9am-5pm.
- Cost: Monday-Friday at 5pm $8.50 per person, Sept 21-19 Friday 5pm-Sunday cose $11.50, Oct 6-27 Friday 5pm – Sunday close $13.00 per peron. Scary Farm is Friday, Saturday & last 3 Sundays in October for $23.50 per person. Ages 18 months & under free.
- Daytime zombie shoot for additional charge.
SKINNY BONES – 3935 State Highway 133, Blair, NE
- Over 30 attractions, including giant jump pillow, pedal carts, corn mazes, nerf gun war zone, haunted house, and hayrack rides.
- Open Sept 6 – Oct 31
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday 9am-3pm, Thursday 9am-9pm, Friday-Saturday 9am-10pm, Sunday 9am-7pm.
- Cost: Monday-Thursday $10.95 per person, Friday-Sunday $14.95 per person. Season pass $37.95 per person. Ages 2 and under free.
- Bonfires available for additional charge.
NEARBY IOWA PUMPKIN PATCHES:
3 BEES FARMS – 14922 535th Street, Griswold, IA
- Weekends only – Hayrides, fall produce, pumpkin patch, corn maze, and games. Apple house store open daily. Check their website for special events.
- Open Sept 3 – Oct 31
- Hours: Apple house store hours: Monday – Thursday 10 am-5pm, Friday and Saturday 10am -6pm, Sunday 1pm-5pm.
- Cost: Hayrides are $3 per person (Sat & Sun only). Ages 2 and under free.
- Fire ring rental for additonal charge.
DITMARS ORCHARD & VINEYARD – 19475 225th Street, Council Bluffs, IA
- Corn maze, tire mountain, tractor ride, playground and pick your own apples.
- Open Now- Early Nov
- Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 11am-5pm. Closed Mondays.
- Cost: Activity bundle (tractor ride, bounce houses, barrel cards, corn maze, playground and 1 round in the bumper balls) $9.95 per person. Ages 3 and under free. Activities can be purchased ala carte.
McCURDY’S PUMPKINS – 63119 White Pole Rd, Atlantic, IA
- Corn maze, games and activities
- Open Sept 21 – Oct 27
- Hours: Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 12pm-6pm
- Cost: $5 per person (kindergarten and older) for activities.
- Note: Opening date confirmed, but hours and pricing not updated for 2019.
PIONEER TRAIL ORCHARD & PUMPKIN PATCH – 21534 Chestnut Rd, Council Bluffs, IA
- Haunted barns and houses, jungle gym, hay pit, dino dig, corn maze and more.
Note: Information provided correct as of publishing date. Please confirm with pumpkin patch before your visit. Weather and other factors can impact hours, hayrack rides or pumpkin availability.
Which pumpkin patches have you visited and which is your favorite? Where do you plan to go this year for your pumpkin patch adventure?