What? Fruit pizza? Is this the whole “does pineapple belong on pizza”? debate? Nope. Not at all. I ain’t going to wade in those waters.
But I AM going to say that fruit does belong on pizza – assuming that pizza is a sugar cookie crust. And that there isn’t any tomato sauce. No siree, replace that with cream cheese frosting!
Now, you can make this all homemade from a homemade sugar cookie crust to a homemade cream cheese frosting, but I admit: I take shortcuts. I get the sugar cookie dough from the grocery store. And I get the cream cheese frosting from the grocery store. It all tastes delicious to me!
This is one of those dishes that I like to bring for teachers or co-workers or potlucks. It seems healthy because of the fruit, but let’s be honest: there’s still a lot of sugar here. So I feel it appeals to those who actually eat healthy and those who want to!
- 1 roll of sugar cookie dough (refrigerated)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- 3 cups fruit, bite-sized pieces (kiwi, strawberries, bananas, apples, mandarian oranges, blueberries, etc)
- Spray cooking spray onto a pizza pan.
- Roll out the sugar cookie crust onto the pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes until lightly brown. Let cool completely.
- While baking, dice your fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Layer on your fruit! You can make a rainbow pattern or go random. It's all good!
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to four little boys. She tries to coupon, builds a smart stockpile, and always meal plans. While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better – she never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her on Instagram.