Too cold to grill? Out of propane? You can easily cook sausages or bratwurst in the oven and have dinner ready in under 20 minutes. Just add a simple side dish and family dinner is served!
Side Dish Ideas:
- I love asparagus! I roast it all the time and with it being on sale this week at Aldi, you can count that I’ll be making some.
- Baked beans. There are lots of recipes out there. There’s this one from Taste of Home. Or this one from Better Homes and Garden. Can’t go wrong!
- Simple potato salad. This classic potato salad is always a hit at our house.
Last week, I said I wanted to try making brautwurst and Italian sausages in the oven. So I did. HOLY COW! They were awesome. Almost as good as being grilled, but very winter friendly! I’ll definitely do that again! It was a little taste of summer at the end of winter.
Sausages In the Oven
- sausages or brautwurst
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Place sausages on a roasting pan.
- Bake the sausages 15 to 20 minutes, turning 1/4 turn every 4-5 minutes.
- Test to make sure it's done after 15 minutes.
- When done, eat!
Jayme is a wife to 1 and, so far, a mother to two little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.