Happy New Year!!! Make any New Year’s Resolutions? Maybe to save money at the store? If so, then, Nicole’s list of what’s on sale this week will really help! And you can also check out this month’s Monthly Menu Plan!
Here are some menu suggestions based upon what’s on sale this week:
- Sausage Lasagna Rolls – This is still one of my favorite recipes ever. I don’t know why I don’t make it more often. I made it last week and used ground Italian Sausage, but I think I like it even better with the pork breakfast sausage that I used to use. It makes for a nice change of pace. The sausage, sauce and green pepper in this recipe are all on sale this week.
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken – This uses the chicken leg quarters that are on sale this week. I haven’t tried it yet, but when you combine crockpot & chicken, you usually get great and easy results!
- Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Potatoes – Some people wouldn’t mind the absence of meat in this potatoes, but if that bothers you, add some diced ham! Or serve along with sandwiches. Great way to fill up your belly with warm food!
- Meatball Subs – With Hunt’s spaghetti sauce on sale (my favorite sauce, but I also re-season it and let it simmer all day), make some meatball subs!
- Sloppy Joes – Hy-Vee has their sloppy joe sauce on sale…sounds like an easy meal to me!I have a new favorite chicken pasta dish – chicken tetrazzini! I made a 9×13 pan on Monday of this week and we’re still eating it! Which means: it makes A LOT, it makes for excellent leftovers since it re-heats well AND we haven’t gotten sick of it. Next time I make it though, I’m definitely making 2 8×8 pans and freezing one for later. Or I’ll invite 8 friends over for dinner!The only real adaption that I made from the original is to not use white wine (I just never have it) and instead use chicken broth. Delicious!
- 16 oz thin spaghetti, cooked
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked, diced (about 1.5 - 2 pounds)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup sour cream (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (1 bag)
- Boil noodles.
- Brown & dice chicken, if not already done. I used a big pan so I could mix up the whole casserole in it once the chicken was ready.
- Combine butter, cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and broth (or white wine, if using). Add cooked noodles. Stir together.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 (or 2 8x8 or 9x9 pans). Sprinkle both cheeses on top.
- If baking immediately, bake in a 300 degree oven for 45 minutes, covered with foil. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- If refrigerating for later, bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes, covered with foil. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- If freezing, wrap before baking. To bake, defrost overnight or add another 30 minutes or so to bake at 300 for 1 hour, 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and a mother to two little boys and a third boy due in April 2015. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.