As is the case with most of my recipes, this is a simple one. It’s for a baked sandwich – like the kind you get at Quiznos. And really, it’s quite versatile. Don’t want to make it with the meats that I have listed? Try turkey or roast beef. Want to jazz it up more? Add sliced onions or black olives. I think adding a bit of Italian salad dressing would be awesome – that’s how I always got my sandwiches at Quiznos.
I use hoagie buns, but you could use brat buns or even hamburger buns (if you wanted a smaller sandwich). I like this recipe as it is really easy, but it’s also really easy to double or triple if you’re making dinner for a crowd. Just get more ingredients. It’s a way of having sandwiches, but a little more fancy than just “slap some bologna in between 2 slices of bread and call it a day” kind of thing.
If you love hot sandwiches, try our Buffalo chicken sandwiches with just a little heat or a classic French Dip sandwich. Want more simple recipes? Check out our ‘Incredibly Easy 5-Ingredient Meal Plan and Cookbook‘ with 6 weeks of meals, available on Amazon.
Italian Baked Hoagies
- 6 Hoagie Rolls
- 1 (4oz) package Salami
- 1 (4oz) package Pepperoni
- 1 (9oz) package Smoked Ham
- Thin Sliced Mozzarella (24 slices) or shredded cheese
- 1/2 stick butter - softened
- 1 teaspoon Dry Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix butter and Italian seasoning. Evenly spread butter on inside of hoagie rolls.
- Layer 2 slices of mozzarella, 2 slices salami, 2 slices pepperoni and 2 slices ham. Top with 2 more slices of mozzarella or shredded cheese.
- Once sandwiches are assembled, place into a large baking dish. Make sure they are tightly pressed together sideways with the open side facing up.
- Bake for 10 minutes for a hot melty sandwich. (Bake longer if you prefer a really toasted sandwich.)
Jayme is a wife to 1 and, so far, a mother to two little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.
These Italian hoagies look so yummy! I can’t wait to make them.
They are so easy and delicious! Enjoy!
Made these last night and loved them! ! A couple of changes that I made,,,I added 2 minced garlic cloves to the butter mixture. I used Provolone cheese and put a few slices of jalapeños on top instead of banana peppers. We absolutely loved these sandwiches!
Yay! Glad to hear it!