Easy pumpkin spice snickerdoodle cookie recipe perfect for fall.
I think people can be broken up into 2 groups:
- Those who ADORE pumpkin spice things.
- Those who HATE pumpkin spice things.
There’s almost no middle ground. Well, I’m in that middle group if there can be one. I am “She who appreciates pumpkin spice, but no need to worship it”. I like it in moderation, but I’m not about to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte with my Pumpkin Pie next to my Pumpkin Spiced Sweet Potatoes.
But I would totally take you up on an offer of a Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle! These are perfect for me – a taste of pumpkin spice without being too “in your face” about it. They’re a nice deviation of a Snickerdoodle cookie, which is a favorite of mine.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
Homemade snickerdoodles with a hint of pumpkin for a perfect fall flavor
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup 100% pure canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon if you prefer)
In mixer, beat butter until smooth.
Add sugar, pumpkin, vanilla extract, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
Add egg and combine.
Add flour and mix. Cover and refrigerate about two hours.
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
Combine remaining sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
Scoop dough and form into a ball. Roll in the pumpkin pie spice/sugar mixture.
Place on greased baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes.