Easy pumpkin spice snickerdoodle cookie recipe perfect for fall.
I think people can be broken up into 2 groups:
- Those who ADORE pumpkin spice things.
- Those who HATE pumpkin spice things.
There’s almost no middle ground. Well, I’m in that middle group if there can be one. I am “She who appreciates pumpkin spice, but no need to worship it”. I like it in moderation, but I’m not about to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte with my Pumpkin Pie next to my Pumpkin Spiced Sweet Potatoes.
But I would totally take you up on an offer of a Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle! These are perfect for me – a taste of pumpkin spice without being too “in your face” about it. They’re a nice deviation of a Snickerdoodle cookie, which is a favorite of mine.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup 100% pure canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon if you prefer)
- In mixer, beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, pumpkin, vanilla extract, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and combine.
- Add flour and mix. Cover and refrigerate about two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Combine remaining sugar and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- Scoop dough and form into a ball. Roll in the pumpkin pie spice/sugar mixture.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes.