Pumpkin! I went looking for this pumpkin chocolate chip blondie bars recipe as I had a little bit of canned pumpkin left and wanted to put it to good use. I wanted something pumpkin-y, but not over the top. Nothing that left you feeling “Man, I just had some pumpkin pie”. But something that left you feeling “Man, I just had something delicious.”
That’s what this recipe is. It’s a blondie cookie bar (why are they called blondies anyway?!), but made with pumpkin. And I threw on some chocolate chips cause You Only Live Once, right? Right.
These would be great with coffee – IF I was a coffee drinker, but alas, I am not. Instead, my boys scarfed them down with a glass of Almond Milk. So, I guess you could say that they are officially “Kid Tested, Mother Approved!”
More Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (about 1/2 of a 15 ounce can)
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Start by mixing your eggs, melted butter (or coconut oil) and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Add your pumpkin puree and all your spices, then mix.
- Add your flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- Once the mix is ready, move it to a greased 8x8 baking dish pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let completely cool down before you cut. Enjoy!