I finally get to watch a Husker football game this season! We don’t have cable and this week’s game is finally on a channel that we get. I’m even happy that it starts later – that means that I can watch after we put the kids to bed! Better get my grocery shopping done – using Nicole’ list of what’s on sale this week, of course.
- Baked Potato Soup – Milk is on sale! Potatoes are on sale. I got bacon and cheese in the freezer. Time for soup!
- Egg Salad Sandwiches – There are some good sales on eggs this week and egg salad is easy! There’s lots of variations, so use your favorite or try the one that I have linked here.
- Spaghetti & Meatballs – Ground beef is at a stock up price! Make a huge batch of meatballs and have spaghetti. Or meatballs subs. Or meatball pizza.
- French Onion Burgers – Use some of that ground beef for these burgers! Even when it’s cold outside and you don’t want to grill, you can have burgers! I make these in a skillet on the stove.
- Grilled Pork Chops – this is the only way that I make pork chops. Given the amount of pork chops in our deep freeze, we need to eat this more often – we love it and it’s easy!
Looking for a yummy way to eat apples? Try this dip – it’s become a favorite in our house. And it couldn’t be easier. Slice up some apples – any kind will do and combine these 3 ingredients and you have a great snack. This week, we’ve eaten it cold. And warmed up. Both are great.
Cream Cheese Apple Dip
- 8 oz package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Optional: caramel sauce or toffee chips
Mix it all together.
Eat with apples.
Seriously, it’s that easy!
Jayme is a wife to 1 and, so far, a mother to two little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.