This week at our house, we have some ham lunch meat that needs to be used (but lunch meat is also on sale this week), so we’ll be having hot ham & cheese sandwiches using hamburger buns (also on sale this week).
There are a lot of ham & cheese sandwch recipes out there that are similar to this one (like this one), but they’re more complicated. I’m sure more complicated means more delicious, but these are super easy, super quick, and the kids love them!
The most complicated part of this recipe (if you can consider it even complicated) is to make sure to dry off the lunchmeat with a paper towel before assembling the sandwich. This will make sure your sandwich doesn’t get too soggy while it bakes.
The beauty of this “recipe” is that you could use any meat you want (like turkey or roast beef) and you could use any cheese you want (like American or Mozzarella or Cheddar) and you can use any rolls you want (I use hamburger buns, but feel free to get fancy and try Kaiser rolls!) You can serve as many people as you need (just get more ingredients – no fancy measuring needed.) It’s a beauty!
Looking for more hot sandwich ideas? Try these!
Hot Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
- Mayonnaise or mustard
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 4 slices Cheese
- 8 slices Deli ham
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spread mayonnaise (or mustard) on the buns (as much or as little as you like).
- Make sure the deli meat is "toweled off" to remove any moisture (you can skip this step, but I find that when I do, the sandwiches turn out a little soggier than I want them to.)
- Place a slice of cheese and 2 slices of ham on the bottom buns; put tops back on.
- Wrap sandwiches in foil and put on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Jayme is a wife to 1 and, so far, a mother to two little boys. She coupons, but isn’t super extreme about it. She price matches and loves it! While she likes to cook, she’s in the stage of life where simple is usually better! She never knows how many hands she’ll have free at dinner time! You can find her at No Regrets Living.