This has to be about the quickest, most delicious last minute dinner option out there. This Big Mac salad is bursting with flavor and personally I think it totally hits the spot if you’re craving a big juicy burger, but trying to keep things low carb. This recipe has saved my tail a few times already, and we haven’t even been making it that long!
We recently had plans to go to a friends house for dinner, when unforeseen circumstances required them to cancel at short notice. With only a few hours to come up with an idea, I was feeling stressed when I suddenly remembered I had all the ingredients for this meal. And the bonus is, it’s so quick to prepare!
How to Make a Big Mac Salad
In just a few minutes I had chopped up my Romaine, diced a few tomatoes and a white onion, chopped some pickles and set it all aside. In a fry pan I cooked up the beef lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Once it was cooked through, I strained the excess grease and let it rest on a paper towel to soak up any extra. If you have freeze ground beef in bulk, like I do, you can use it and this recipe will come together even more quickly.
Then it’s time to assemble your salad. Fill a bowl or plate with Romaine, tomatoes, white onion, pickles, and seasoned meat. I also added some shredded carrots since I had them on hand. Top with your favorite thousand island dressing and serve. This could not be easier or more delicious. My kids are not always big fans of salad, but they inhaled this one and asked for more. I’ll consider that a win.
You can adapt this recipe however you’d like. Instead of beef, try ground chicken or turkey. It’s delicious with some shredded cheese, or a homemade thousand island dressing. I opted to keep it simple by using store bought dressing, but there are lots of recipes out there for healthier/more authentic versions if you want to give them a try!
Love salad? Try more delicoius salad recipes:
Big Mac Salad Bowl
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce chopped
- 12 grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2 dill pickles chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp each of salt pepper, onion powder, garlic powder (I don’t actually measure when I season this, so add more or less to taste.)
- Thousand island dressing
- Prep your lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles and set aside.
- In a fry pan, cook your ground beef and season with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. When it has cooked through, drain excess grease and set aside.
- Assemble your salad with Romaine lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced onions, chopped pickles, and cooked beef and drizzle with Thousand Island Dressing. Enjoy!
Jenny is a wife and stay at home mother of two. She loves good food, and enjoys experimenting in the kitchen. When she’s not busy chasing kids, you can find her digging into a good book, enjoying the great outdoors, and trying not to kill her houseplants.