Quick and easy chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies with only six ingredients, and ready in 15 minutes? Yes please! These no-bake cookies were an absolute staple of my childhood, and I have fond memories of making them with my mom. However, with recent dietary changes in our house I was on the hunt for a way to make them slightly healthier. Turns out swapping refined sugar for real maple syrup was a quick and easy way to do so!
How to Make Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
To make these delicious, fudge-y cookies, you start off by melting 1/2 cup of butter in a medium saucepan. Once the butter is coating the bottom of the pan, add your cocoa powder until you have a chocolatey sauce. Then add your almond butter (peanut butter works too!), maple syrup, vanilla, and dash of salt and mix thoroughly until you’ve got a thick chocolate sauce. Now toss in 2 cups of oats and combine until the oats are fully coated. You can add more oats for the cookie consistency you desire. Just make sure to add a little bit of oatmeal at a time to the batter until your desired consistency is achieved.
Then prepare a cookie sheet with a layer of parchment or wax paper, and spoon dropfuls of the mixture onto it, sized to your preference. Sometimes I like making them large and tell myself then I’ll only eat one at a time. Other times I make them small so it feels like there’s more to go around. When you’ve used up all the “dough” place your cookie sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
How to Store No-Bake Cookies
Once the cookies have hardened, you can remove them and enjoy right away. To store, place them in airtight container in your fridge or freezer. Since these are made with a liquid sweetener, keeping them on the counter could result in very messy/sticky cookies, so these are best stored in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to enjoy them.
And there you have it. Refined sugar free no-bake cookies, ready in 15 minutes with only 6 ingredients. Be sure to give them a try next time you are craving a chocolatey treat!
Try more easy no-bake dessert recipes:
- No-Bake Reese’s Pieces Fudge
- No-Bake Snickers Cheesecake
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Pie
Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Dash of salt
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan and add cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Remove from heat and add almond butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and dash of salt. Mix well.
- Add your oats and mix until they are fully coated. If mixture appears too fudge-y, add more oats a little at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with a layer of parchment paper, and then drop cookie-sized spoonfuls onto the sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Remove cookies and enjoy! To store, place in an airtight storage container in the fridge or freezer.
Jenny is a wife and stay at home mother of two. She loves good food, and enjoys experimenting in the kitchen. When she’s not busy chasing kids, you can find her digging into a good book, enjoying the great outdoors, and trying not to kill her houseplants.